A lawyer is a professional providing legal advice to its clients. The salaried lawyers work in nonprofit organizations, corporations, law firms or in government. They are either self employed or practice as partners in law firms or doing solo practices.
They who are partners in a law firm earn more than lawyers who do individual practices. They working in legal services also earn less as compared to the corporate lawyers. The individuals who have started their individual practice as a lawyer should also resort to doing other part time jobs to earn more income till they are well established as a lawyer. This high salary is one of the important factors which have lured many individuals to opt for this profession. The starting salary of a lawyer is about 57,000 USD per year and the average salary is about 94,000 USD.
There are some factors which affect a there salary. They are:
- Experience: An experienced lawyer would earn more than a new lawyer. The salaries of experienced lawyers also depend on the location, size and type of their employer.
- Level of education
- Field of specialization, whether it is criminal or corporate
- Size of the firm
- Location of working
- Type of employer or your clients
Lawyers usually specialize in some specific areas such as family law, civil, criminal company laws or environmental laws. Based on these specializations, lawyers are categorized into different types. Here we provide you information about the different types of lawyers and average salaries earned by them:
- Assault lawyer: The average annual salary of an Assault lawyer is about 49,000 USD. The salary depends on the factors such as location, educational qualification and employer.
- Divorce lawyer: The divorce lawyers settle some common issues such as property division, spousal support, alimony and child custody. The median salary range for divorce lawyers is about 48,000 USD to 80,000 USD. The average salary earned would be about 96,000 USD per year.
- Nursing home lawyer: Nursing home lawyers should be well informed about the laws relating to the nursing homes. The average annual salary for nursing home abuse lawyer is about 97,000 USD.
- Insurance lawyer: The average insurance lawyer salary is about 65,000 USD.
- Criminal lawyer: The salary of the criminal lawyer depends on factors such as experience, location, size of the law firm, type of criminal law practiced and the lawyer’s specialty within the law. The median salary for a criminal lawyer in private firm is about 78,593 USD and for the lawyers doing individual practice is about 95,195 USD per year.
- Employment lawyers: The average salary of employment lawyer is about 60,000 USD.
- Corporate lawyers: These lawyers handle cases related to business and industry. The average salary of a corporate lawyer with about one to four years of experience is about 65,872 USD to 122,121 USD.
- Intellectual property Lawyers: An intellectual property lawyer is an excellent career option for all those individuals who have strong understanding of the intellectual property laws. The average salary of intellectual property lawyer is about 89,000 USD.
Thus, the information mentioned above gives you the details about the salary for different lawyers and factors that determine their salary.
Jennifer Parker is a great author who provides detailed information about How to Negotiate Salary? There are few useful topics which are explained by her in a very creative way. Such as Job Offers.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Jennifer_Joe_Parker/865346